The Learner Driving Guide, www.learnerdrivingguide.co.uk and LDG Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal data received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal data we collect and how we may use it. By accessing the website, you show that you understand its nature and adhere to the statement.
When you contact us to make an enquiry, we may ask you for your name, address, D.O.B. postcode, phone number(s) and email address, preferences for driving tuition etc. (Please note any driving convictions or other important information that may affect your ability or suitability to drive).
We will retain your personal data for a length of time depending on the nature of our relationship with you, as follows:
- We like to keep your details on file so if you ever need to contact us ,we know who you are and what your previous enquiry was about so we can help you much quicker.
- Once you are a customer/member of The Learner Driving Guide by purchasing a subscription, or signing up with The Learner Driving Guide, we will retain your personal data for as long as you are an active customer/instructor plus six complete financial years of the company from your last recorded activity, in line with Financial and Accounting regulations.
We will only ever share personal data that we collect from you with the following third parties and only with your permission and for the purpose(s) described:
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics uses traffic log cookies to gain information about the use that is made of pages on our website. We use the information from cookies to generate reports on the usage of our website which are used for evaluation and analysis. The purpose is to improve our website by tailoring it to the needs of users. No data specific to any identifiable user is retained.
We will always ensure that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data which you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect any sensitive data about you except when you knowingly provide it which will be by emailing or subscribing online or over the phone.
We use a technology called ‘cookies’ as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
We do not transfer any data to any organisation outside the EEA (or equivalent) unless they operate to the standards required under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations. Your details will not be sold, leased or distributed to other parties without your permission or unless we are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which may be of interest to you if we have your permission.
If the details we hold about you are incorrect, let us know as soon as you can, and they will be rectified immediately. It is your duty to inform us of any changes. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Categories of data we collect and how we process
In addition to using cookies on our website, we may collect and process the following information from you when you fill in a form on our website or have contact with us by email, telephone or any other means.
We may also receive information about you from third parties such as Facebook, Twitter and our insurance partners
Basic personal details including your full name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details.
Information from your use of our website
We collect information about your use of our website and the devices you use. We collect information on:
- How often you access our website
- The way in which you navigate around it
- How long you spend on particular pages
- The operating system, hardware, software versions, browser configuration, display size, browser configuration of the devices you use
- Connection information such as IP addresses
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfil your request to exercise the right before this date, and may need to request more time. Where we cannot provide a full response to you for any reason, we will let you know about this in our initial reply to your request.
The Learner Driving Guide – 31st May 2022